What Are The Uses Of Bortezomib?
Bortezomib, an anticancer drug is used in the treatment of certain tumours like:
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- Multiple myeloma
It works by blocking certain proteins, thus slowing the growth of cancer.
What Are The Side Effects Of Bortezomib?
The most common side effects of Bortezomibare:
- Fatigue / generalized weakness
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Poor appetite
- Low platelet count
- Low red blood cell count
Sometimes severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Swelling of face/feet/hands
- Low white blood cell count
- Muscle cramps
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Low iron levels
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Bortezomib?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Bortezomibor any other allergies.
- Pregnancy, breast feeding
- Nerve sensation problems
- Any heart disease, low or high blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Severe kidney disease
- Viral infection like shingles, herpes