What Are The Uses Of Brinzolamide?
Brinzolamide, a sulphonamide and carbonic anhydrase, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Intraocular pressure caused by increased aqueous humour secretion
- Open angle glaucoma
- Optic nerve damage
What Are The Side Effects Of Brinzolamide?
The most common side effects of Brinzolamide are:
- Sour/bitter/unusual taste in mouth
- Temporary blurred vision
- Redness/discomfort/itching of eye
Sometimes severe, though rare side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Eye lid swelling or pain
- Stomach pain/back pain
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Fever / chills / sore throat
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Brinzolamide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Brinzolamide or any other allergies.
- Eye infection
- Eye surgery
- Eye injury