What Are The Uses Of Butenafine?
Butenafine, a benzyl amine antifungal agent, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Fungal skin infections
- Athletes foot
- Jock itch
Pityriasis (tinea versicolor) causing lightening or darkening of the skin.
What Are The Side Effects Of Butenafine?
Some of the common side effects of butenafine are:
- Redness of skin
- Irritation of applied areas
Rarely, some severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling of face / tongue / throat
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Butenafine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug butenafine or any other allergies.
- Pregnancy, breast feeding
- Athletes foot on the bottom of foot