What Are The Uses Of Butorphanol?
Butorphanol, an antagonist opioid analgesic, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Severe pains like those from a migraine, muscle pain
- Labour pains
- Postoperative shivering
It is a narcotic pain reliever.
What Are The Side Effects Of Butorphanol?
The most common side effects of butorphanol are:
- Dizziness / drowsiness / cough
- Lethargy, sleepiness
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Fainting/light-headedness while getting up from bed or sitting position
- Irregular heart beat/pulse
- Pounding in ears
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Butorphanol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Butorphanolor any other allergies.
- Pregnancy, breast feeding
- Repeated doses of drugs
- Mood/mental changes
- Drug abuse
- Head injury
- Increased intracranial pressure
- Ventricular dysfunction
- Renal dysfunction
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Coronary insufficiency
- Respiratory diseases