What Are The Uses Of Cabergoline?
Cabergoline is used in the treatment of increased levels of prolactin hormones. High prolactin hormones can cause the following conditions:
- Disorders associated with high levels of prolactin hormone
- Unwanted breast milk production
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Difficulty in conceiving
- Unwanted growth of breast in men
- Decreased sexual desire/ability
What Are The Side Effects Of Cabergoline?
The most common side effects of cabergoline are:
- Nausea / vomiting / dizziness
- Stomach upset
- Light headedness
Rare but severe side effects may be:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of ankle/foot
- Persistent cough
- Unusual strong urges
- Mental / mood changes
- Unusual tiredness
- Breast pain
- Painful mensuration
- Vision changes
Please consult the physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cabergoline?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug cabergoline or any other allergies.
- Liver diseases
- Hypertension ( high blood pressure)
- Abnormal scarring
- Heart valve diseases
- Thickening of lining in lungs/heart/abdomen