What Are The Uses Of Caffeine?
Caffeine is a chemical present in coffee and is useful in:
- Treating migraine headache, headache following surgery, tension headache, asthma, depression.
- Improving mental performance, athletic performance, blood circulation, breathing in infants.
- Lowering risk of diabetes, gallstones, Parkinson’s disease, liver cirrhosis, stroke.
- Reducing pain, overweight, severity of the obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Preventing headache after epidural anaesthesia.
- Reducing skin irritation, redness, itching.
- Reducing muscle sores, cramps.
What Are The Side Effects Of Caffeine?
Caffeine is usually safe but in some cases such as an overdose may cause side effects such as:
Increased heart rate and respiration
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Caffeine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: