What Are The Uses Of Calcium chloride?
Calcium chloride is often used as an electrolyte in bottled water, sports drinks and other beverages. It is also used to flavour pickles without increasing the sodium content in it.
The medical uses of calcium chloride include:
- Critical symptoms of chronic lead poisoning, insect stings and bites
- Treating depression caused due to magnesium sulfate overdose
- Cardiac resuscitation if other medicines like epinephrine do not work.
What Are The Side Effects Of Calcium chloride?
Some of the common side effects taking concentrated calcium chloride are:
- Gastrointestinal upset or ulcers
- Irritate or burning sensation if eyes or skin are exposed to calcium chloride dust. The dust inhalation may irritate the upper respiratory tract.
What Are The Contraindications Of Calcium chloride?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Sarcoidosis, heart disease, lungs failure, kidney disease
- Acidic body fluids due to lung insufficiency