What Are The Uses Of Calcium citrate malate?
Calcium citrate malate is a water-soluble calcium supplement (calcium salt of citric acid and malic acid). It is taken to treat:
- Low calcium levels
- Osteoporosis (weak and brittle bones)
- Osteomalacia (softening of bones)
- Rickets (softening and weakening of bones in children)
- Hypoparathyroidism (decreased activity of parathyroid gland)
- Latent tetany (muscle diseases)
What Are The Side Effects Of Calcium citrate malate?
Some common side effects that may occur due to the intake of calcium citrate malate are:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Calcium citrate malate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug calcium citrate malate or any other allergies.
- Hypercalcemia (high levels of calcium in blood)
- Hypervitaminosis D
- Kidney stones, kidney diseases
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Heart diseases, immune system disorders
- Crohn’s disease