What Are The Uses Of Camostat mesilate?
Camostat mesilate is an oral protease inhibitor used to treat chronic pancreatitis, certain types of cancers and viral infections.
What Are The Side Effects Of Camostat mesilate?
Some side effects that may be caused by the administration of camostat mesilate are:
- Rash, diarrhea, nausea
- Reduced blood platelets
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Itching, jaundice
- Gastrointestinal discomfort, increased potassium levels in blood
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Camostat mesilate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug camostat mesilate or any other allergies.
- Liver diseases, thrombocytopenia
- Stomach / intestinal problems
- Increased potassium levels in blood