What Are The Uses Of Carbidopa?
Carbidopa is often used with levodopa (another medicine for Parkinson’s disease) to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease like tremors, stiffness, poor muscle control or spasms.
Carbidopa works only if it is taken with levodopa.
What Are The Side Effects Of Carbidopa?
Carbidopa in itself rarely causes any side-effect. The side effects occur mostly due to combination medicine levodopa. Some of the common side-effects of levodopa are:
- Anxiety, confusion, dizziness, general feeling of discomfort
- Unusual weakness or tiredness
- Abnormal thinking, agitation
- Difficulty swallowing
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
- Excessive saliva
- Hallucinations, hand tremor,
- False sense of well being
- Nausea or vomiting
- Controlled and unusual body movements
What Are The Contraindications Of Carbidopa?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease, heart disease
- Any mental/mood disorders, seizures
- Breathing problems like bronchitis, asthma
- Kidney disease, stomach/intestinal ulcer,
- Blood disorders, sleep disorder.