What Are The Uses Of Carboplatin?
Carboplatin is used to treat various types of cancer like ovarian cancer, head, lung, neck, esophageal, bladder, endometrial, breast, and cervical, germ cell tumors or central nervous system and osteogenic sarcoma.
It may also be used as preparation for bone marrow or a stem cell transplant.
What Are The Side Effects Of Carboplatin?
The most common side effects of carboplatin are:
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Body aches/pain, stomach pain
- Temporary hair loss
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Carboplatin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Anaemia, thrombocytopenia
- Leucopoenia, kidney problems
- Mineral imbalance (calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium)