What Are The Uses Of Cascara?
Cascara is a medicinal tree meaning sacred bark. It is used in traditional medicine for its amazing benefits such as:
- Relieving constipation
- Treatment of gastric disorders and gallstones, insomnia.
- Fighting against cancer.
- Helping weight loss
What Are The Side Effects Of Cascara?
Cascara is usually safe, but an overdose may cause:
- Stomach discomfort, cramps
- Muscle weakness
- Low ion levels in blood (sodium, potassium, chloride)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cascara?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards cascara or any other allergies.
- Children / pregnancy
- Crohn’s disease, appendicitis
- Stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis
- Unexplained stomach pain