What Are The Uses Of Casein powder?
Casein is the major constituent of total milk protein (up to 80%). It contains all essential amino acids. It is now – a - days used as a major protein supplement as it:
- Helps in building muscles
- Promotes weight loss
- Boosts teeth enamel and reduces acid erosion.
- Improves metabolic rate, strength
- Reduces muscle breakdown while in sleep so taken at bedtime.
- Helps in the increase of synthesis of proteins
- Reduces high blood pressure, free radicals, triglyceride levels
- Boosts immunity
What Are The Side Effects Of Casein powder?
Casein powder is usually safe, but if taken in overdoses may cause side effects such as:
- Heartburn, bloating, ingestion
- Allergic reactions
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Casein powder?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug casein powder or any other allergies.
- Liver problems, kidney problems
- Milk allergy