What Are The Uses Of Cefotaxime?
Cefotaxime is used in the treatment of various types of bacterial infections like:
- Joint infections, meningitis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, urinary tract infections
- Pneumonia, sepsis
- Cellulitis, gonorrhea
- Bacterial infections after surgery
What Are The Side Effects Of Cefotaxime?
The common side effects of Cefotaxime are:
- Swelling/redness/pain at injection site
Sometimes severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes
- Unusual tiredness
- Easy bleeding
- Uncontrollable movements
- Signs of kidney problems
- Irregular heart beats
- Liver problems
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cefotaxime?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug cefotaxime or any other allergies
- Intestinal problems
- Kidney diseases
- While taking live bacterial problems