What Are The Uses Of Ceftazidime?
Ceftazidime because of its broad-spectrum antibiotic nature is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections like:
- Urinary tract
- Ear, bone, abdomen
- Blood, skin and soft tissue, genital organs
It also prevents infections after surgery.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ceftazidime?
Some side effects that may be caused by the administration of ceftazidime are:
- Pain/swelling/rash at injection site
- Nausea, diarrhea
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ceftazidime?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug ceftazidime or any other allergies.
- Kidney problems
- Stomach / intestinal problems
- Taking live bacterial vaccines currently