What Are The Uses Of Chasteberry extract?
Chasteberry is a medicinal herb whose fruit is used in traditional medicine as it:
- Treats infertility, menopause symptoms, irregular menstrual periods, luteal phase defects, increased levels of prolactin, the pituitary hormone.
- Maintains hormonal balance.
- Lowers risk of prostate cancer
- Reduces digestive problems, high cholesterol levels.
- Relieves symptoms of postmenopausal syndrome including bloating, acne, breast tenderness, cramps, mood swings.
What Are The Side Effects Of Chasteberry extract?
The chasteberry extract is usually safe, but in some cases like overdose may cause:
- Dizziness, weight gain
- Rash, stomach upset, a headache
- Menstrual bleeding
What Are The Contraindications Of Chasteberry extract?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Breast cancer
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Birth control pills.