What Are The Uses Of Chlordiazepoxide?
Chlordiazepoxide, a sedative and hypotonic medication, is used in the following conditions:
- To treat anxiety in case of several cases like depression, anxiety before surgery.
- To manage acute alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
What Are The Side Effects Of Chlordiazepoxide?
The most common side effects of chlordiazepoxide are:
- Nausea/dizziness, constipation.
- Drowsiness, headache, blurred vision, confusion.
- Skin rash.
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes, clumsiness.
- Kidney problems (urination)
- Slurred speech, trouble walking.
- Tremor, sleep disturbances.
- Facial (or) muscle twitching.
- Yellowing of eyes and skin.
- Menstrual irregularities.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Chlordiazepoxide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug chlordiazepoxide or any other allergies.
- Severe liver problems.
- Acute narrow – angle glaucoma.
- Severe hypoventilation.
- Severe sleep apnea and COPD.
- Kidney diseases.