What Are The Uses Of Chlorhexidine?
Chlorhexidine is an antimicrobial agent which acts as antiseptic and disinfectant.
Following are some uses of Chlorhexidine Hydrochloride:
- It is used as an antiseptic in cleaning wounds.
- It is used in dental preparations such as toothpaste and mouth wash to treat yeast infection and dental plaque.
- As a disinfectant, it is used for skin disinfection before surgery by healthcare professionals.
- It is used in eye infections also.
What Are The Side Effects Of Chlorhexidine?
Some of the side-effects are:
- Taste alteration
- Skin irritation
- Dryness of mouth
- Allergic reaction such as rashes, redness, itching or swelling
- Teeth discoloration
What Are The Contraindications Of Chlorhexidine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: