What Are The Uses Of Chloroquine?
Chloroquine, a 4-amino quinoline, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Treat malaria where it is sensitive to its effects
- Amoebiasis occurring outside of intestines
- Lupus erythematosus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
What Are The Side Effects Of Chloroquine?
The most common side effects of Chloroquine are
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Muscle damage
- Problems with vision
- Low blood cell levels
- Neuro muscular problems
- Gastro intestinal problems
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Chloroquine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Chloroquine or any other allergies.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Retinal diseases
- Habit to excess of alcohol
- Visual field defect
- Liver problems