What Are The Uses Of Chlorthalidone?
Chlorthalidone (also known as Chlortalidone) is used in the treatment of:
- Reduce excess salt and water in body in cases of heart failure, liver, kidney diseases
- Kidney stones
- Decrease edema and breathing problems due to accumulation of fluid in body parts and lungs
What Are The Side Effects Of Chlorthalidone?
Many people using this medicine do not experience any serious side-effects. However, some patients may experience:
- Increase in sugar level in diabetic patients
- Low level of sodium and potassium
- Dehydration (excessive loss of water from body)
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heart beat
- Extreme thirst
- Dry mouth
- Urination problems
- Vision problems
What Are The Contraindications Of Chlorthalidone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Low electrolyte balance
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease