What Are The Uses Of Choline?
Choline is a water-soluble vitamin similar to vitamin B. It is used as a supplement and also is helpful in:
- Treating liver diseases like hepatitis, symptoms of asthma, bipolar disorder, symptoms of bronchitis caused by dust, complex partial seizures, Tourette’s syndrome and Huntington’s chorea.
- Lowering the risk of neural tube defects.
- Improving mental performance
- Reducing depression, high cholesterol levels.
What Are The Side Effects Of Choline?
Choline is possibly safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Fishy body odor, diarrhea, sweating
- Gastrointestinal distress, vomiting
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Choline?