What Are The Uses Of Chromium picolinate?
Chromium picolinate is an essential trace element needed for body functioning. It:
- Prevents chromium deficiency
- Reduces blood sugar levels, abnormal cholesterol levels, overweight, and depression in patients with polycystic ovaries (PCOS).
- Improves memory, blood flow, the rate of heart muscle after heart attack damage.
- Treats bipolar disorder, dysthymia.
What Are The Side Effects Of Chromium picolinate?
Chromium picolinate is usually safe, but sometimes it can cause side effects such as:
- Skin irritation, headaches
- Nausea, mood changes, dizziness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Chromium picolinate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug chromium picolinate or any other allergies.
- Mental / mood changes
- Kidney disease, liver disease
- Thyroid problems