What Are The Uses Of Chymotrypsin?
Chymotrypsin (also taken orally) is used for:
- Reducing liver damage in case of burns patient
- Assisting in wound repair
- Chymotrypsin is inhaled or applied on the skin for conditions in which there is pain and swelling and for infections.
- Also used during cataract surgery to reduce damage to eye
What Are The Side Effects Of Chymotrypsin?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Eye application: Corneal oedema, inflammation in middle layer of eye
- Topical use: itching, rashes
What Are The Contraindications Of Chymotrypsin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease