What Are The Uses Of Cinacalcet?
Cinacalcet is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Severe hypercalcemia in patients with parathyroid carcinoma and primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Tertiary hyperparathyroidism in patients with chronic kidney disease and are undergoing dialysis.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cinacalcet?
The most common side effects of cinacalcet are:
- Unusual tiredness
- Nausea, vomiting.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cinacalcet?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug cinacalcet or any other allergies.
- Low calcium levels in the blood. (hypocalcemia)
- Heartburn, ulcers, gastritis
- Seizures, low blood pressure
- Heart failure