What Are The Uses Of Cinnamon powder?
Cinnamon powder is prepared from the inner bark of Indian spice cinnamon which is mainly used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavoring agent. It is also well known for its medicinal properties as it:
- Treats type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, toothache, nausea, diarrhea, colds, yeast infections and dysmenorrhea.
- Reduces body weight, triglycerides or fatty acids, high blood pressure, bad breath
- Prevents cancer
- Acts as mouth freshener
- Treats acne, skin itching, blackheads
- Heals Wounds
- Improves blood circulation
- Strengthens hair
- Acts as antioxidants and inflammatory agent
What Are The Side Effects Of Cinnamon powder?
Cinnamon powder is possibly safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Irritate mouth and lips
- Redness of skin, skin irritation
What Are The Contraindications Of Cinnamon powder?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Pregnant, breastfeeding
- Blood clotting disorder
- Low blood sugar