What Are The Uses Of Cinnarizine?
Cinnarizine, a derivative of piperazine ( antihistamine and a calcium channel blocker), is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Promote cerebral blood flow
- Cerebral apoplexy
- Post – trauma cerebral symptom
- Nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness, chemotherapy, Ménière's disease, and vertigo.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cinnarizine?
The most common side effects of Cinnarizine are:
- Dry mouth
- Head ache
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Gastro intestinal irritation
- Movement problems
- Muscle rigidity
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cinnarizine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Cinnarizine or any other allergies
- Prostrate problems such as passing urine difficulties
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Parkinson’s disease
- Intestinal blocks