What Are The Uses Of Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is used in the treatment of various types of cancers like:
What Are The Side Effects Of Cisplatin?
The common side effects of cisplatin are:
- Hearing problems, vomiting, hair loss
- Bone marrow suppression
- Nausea, diarrhoea
- Kidney problems
- Haemolytic anaemia
Some severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Trouble walking, numbness of legs
- Black stools, edema
- Vision changes, heart disease
- Electrolyte problems, joint pain
- Blood in urine
- Mental / mood changes
- Muscle cramps, irregular heart beats.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cisplatin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug cisplatin or any other allergies.
- Kidney disease
- Blood cell disorders
- Bone marrow dysfunction
- Hearing problems
- Mineral imbalance