What Are The Uses Of Citric acid monohydrate?
Citric acid monohydrate is a tricarboxylic acid found in citrus fruits. It is used in medicine as well as in food and personal care industry as it:
- Acts as antioxidant, anticoagulant
- Stabilizes the ingredients of products
- Chelates calcium in the blood.
- Treats urinary bladder calculi
What Are The Side Effects Of Citric acid monohydrate?
Citric acid monohydrate is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause side effects such as:
- Nausea, burning sensation
- Indigestion, diarrhoea
- Abdominal pain
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Citric acid monohydrate?