What Are The Uses Of Citrus bioflavonoids?
Bioflavonoid is biologically active members of the group of plant-derived compounds known as flavonoids. If these bioflavonoids are combined with vitamin-C, they are called citrus bioflavonoids. They:
- Reduce allergy, the risk of cancer, the risk of heart disease, high blood cholesterol.
- Improve circulation, brain function.
- Act as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial agent.
- Relieve diarrhoea.
- Maintain blood sugar levels, blood pressure.
- Treat leg ulcers, haemorrhoids, bruising, nosebleeds, lymphoedema, chronic venous insufficiency, varicose veins.
What Are The Side Effects Of Citrus bioflavonoids?
Bioflavonoids are usually safe, but if taken in overdoses, these may cause:
- A headache, heartburn
- Temporary redness of face and neck.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Citrus bioflavonoids?