What Are The Uses Of Clotrimazole?
Clotrimazole is an azole anti-fungal medicine that works by preventing the growth of fungus. It is used to treat skin infections like:
- Athlete's foot, jock itch
- Other fungal skin infections (candidiasis).
- Pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes darkening or lightening of the skin of chest, neck, arms, or legs.
What Are The Side Effects Of Clotrimazole?
Some of the common side-effects of clotrimazole are:
- Abdominal or stomach cramping or pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unpleasant mouth sensations
What Are The Contraindications Of Clotrimazole?
Before taking clotrimazole, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you are pregnant/ planning to become pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are taking any nonprescription or prescription medicine, herbal preparation/ medicine, or dietary supplement
- If you have allergies to any foods, medicines or other substances.