What Are The Uses Of Cocoa powder?
Cocoa powder is prepared from cocoa beans and is highly nutritious with numerous health benefits. It is widely used as a supplement. It:
- Treats depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, intestinal disease.
- Acts as antioxidant
- Lowers low-density lipids, high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of blood clots, heart diseases,
- Increases blood flow in the artery.
- Boosts cognitive function
- Is rich in essential minerals, calcium, and potassium.
- Improves liver function in case of cirrhosis
- Prevents wrinkles and stretch marks due to pregnancy.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cocoa powder?
Cocoa powder is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Increased oxalate levels which may cause kidney stones.
- Nervousness, fast heartbeat
- Increased urination, nausea
- Gas, intestinal discomfort
- Rash, headache
What Are The Contraindications Of Cocoa powder?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: