What Are The Uses Of Cod liver oil?
Cod liver oil is a good source of essential vitamins including vitamin D and vitamin A. It is rich in omega – 3 – fatty acids. It is extracted from the fresh liver of Gadus morhua fish. It is widely used for:
- Lowering high cholesterol and high triglycerides, high blood pressure.
- Lowering the risk of autoimmune diseases.
- Treating glaucoma, eye problems, diabetes, ear infections, asthma, allergies, and coronary artery disease.
- Healing skin wounds.
- Preventing fractures, osteoporosis, and heart disease.
- Reducing inflammation.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cod liver oil?
An overdose of cod liver oil may cause:
- Heartburn, nose bleeds
- Bad breath, nausea
- Loose stools
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cod liver oil?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Low blood pressure
- Blood clotting disorders.