What Are The Uses Of Copper sulphate?
Copper sulphate is an inorganic compound prepared by combining copper with sulphate. It is used in medicine as it:
- Treats bilharzia (snail fever)
- Acts as antiseptic and antifungal agent
- Acts as an antidote for poisoning especially caused by phosphorus.
What Are The Side Effects Of Copper sulphate?
Copper sulphate may cause side effects such as:
- Eczema, chest burning
- Nausea, diarrhea, headache, vomiting
- Yellowing of skin
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Copper sulphate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug copper sulphate or any other allergies.
- Chronic renal failure, liver failure
- Biliary obstruction, Wilson’s disease