What Are The Uses Of Curcuma Longa?
Curcuma longa is commonly known as turmeric whose tuberous root (rhizome) has medicinal properties. It is widely used as medicine since ancient times. It:
- Purifies blood, detoxifies body
- Treats atherosclerosis, diabetes, bone related disorders, digestive disorders, ringworms, anemia, common cold, cough, osteoarthritis, pruritus (itching), eye inflammation
- Acts as antioxidant, antibiotic
- Heals wounds, sores, rejuvenates skin tone
- Relieves inflammation and bleeding gums, upset stomach
- Prevents and fights cancer
- Reduces high cholesterol, symptoms of Crohn’s disease, depression
- Lowers risk of heart attack
What Are The Side Effects Of Curcuma Longa?
Curcuma Longa is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Nausea, diarrhea, stomach upset
- Burning sensation in stomach
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Curcuma Longa?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Curcuma longa or any other allergies.
- Gallbladder problems
- Bleeding problems