What Are The Uses Of Curcumin?
Curcumin is an active ingredient in turmeric which is very widely used in a country like India. It is well known for its medicinal properties as it:
- Prevents blood clotting, cancer, reduce depression
- Treats ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic pain, inflammation, Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduces pores, acne, scarring.
- Improves wound healing
- Controls psoriasis flares.
What Are The Side Effects Of Curcumin?
Curcumin is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Increased risk of bleeding, acidity
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Increased menstrual flow
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Curcumin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug curcumin or any other allergies.
- Gallstones, bile duct obstruction
- Bleeding problems