What Are The Uses Of Cyclodextrin?
Cyclodextrin (cyclic oligosaccharide) is a soluble dietary fibre which is produced from starch by enzymatic conversion and is used as an ingredient in different industries and also in medicines. It:
- Absorbs odour,
- Reduces foam in personal care products,
- Acts as a stabilizer, anti-aging agent, an antioxidant, absorbent and chelating agent.
- Enables drug release in pharmaceutical products
- Used in the treatment of chronic occlusive arterial disease
What Are The Side Effects Of Cyclodextrin?
Some side effects that may be caused by cyclodextrin are:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cyclodextrin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug cyclodextrin or any other allergies.
- Kidney problems, liver problems
- Pulmonary oedema