What Are The Uses Of Cyperus?
Cyperus is a grass herb widely used in Ayurveda. It is also known as mustaka or nut grass. Its tuber is majorly used as medicine as it:
- Treats scabies, itching, eczema, eye pains, and redness of the eye, ocular discharges, conjunctivitis, ulcers, diabetes, malaria, inflammation, asthma, cough, epilepsy, psychosis and mental disorders.
- Reduces over fat in body
- Enhances breast size and purifies breast milk.
- Regulates menstrual irregularities
- Acts as antibiotic, emollient, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic agent, analgesic, astringent, and antioxidant.
- Relieves vomiting, diarrhoea and dyspepsia
What Are The Side Effects Of Cyperus?
Cyperus is usually safe, but in some cases such as an overdose, it may cause side effects such as constipation.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cyperus?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Hypersensitivity towards the drug Cyperus or any other allergies.
Yin and Qi deficiency (lack of energy)