What Are The Uses Of Cyproterone?
Cyproterone is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Prostate cancer
- Excessive hair growth in men
- Hyperandrogenism (Excess functioning of androgens)
- Hyper sexuality
- Hormone replacement therapy for transgender women
What Are The Side Effects Of Cyproterone?
The common side effects of Cyproterone are:
- Hair loss
- Inability to move legs and arms
- Skin discoloration
- Weight gain
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Impotence or increased or decreased interest in sex
- Swelling of breasts or breast soreness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Cyproterone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Cyproterone or any other allergies
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems