What Are The Uses Of Danazol?
Danazol is used in modern medicine as it treats:
- Pelvic pain
- Infertility due to some uterus disorders such as endometriosis.
- Breast pain / tenderness / nodules (fibrocystic breast disease)
- Hereditary angio oedema (swelling of body parts due to congenital disease)
What Are The Side Effects Of Danazol?
Danazol may sometimes cause side effects such as:
- Acne, sweating
- Weight gain, flushing
- Abnormal hair growth on body
- Vaginal dryness
- Irritation, decreased breast size
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Danazol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug danazol or any other allergies.
- Kidney problems
- High blood pressure, heart/blood vessel disease
- High cholesterol, diabetes
- Liver disease, breast cancer
- Seizures, migraine
- Blood disorders
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Prostate cancer