What Are The Uses Of Denosumab?
Denosumab is a human monoclonal antibody used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Osteoporosis, occurring especially after menopause
- Metastases to bone (secondary malignant growth of cells)
- Treatment-induced bone loss
- Giant cell tumor of bone
It also reduces the risk of fractures in cancer patients.
What Are The Side Effects Of Denosumab?
Some side effects that may occur with the administration of denosumab are:
- Joint pain, muscle pain
- Increased risk of infections (cellulitis)
- Hypocalcaemia (decrease in levels of calcium in blood)
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw, eczema `
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Denosumab?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug denosumab or any other allergies.
- Hypocalcaemia (low levels of calcium in blood)
- Osteonecrosis of jaw