What Are The Uses Of Desogestrel?
Desogestrel, a hormonal drug, is used in combination of ethinyl estradiol for preventing pregnancy. It helps in contraception by preventing ovulation and fertilization of the egg.
What Are The Side Effects Of Desogestrel?
Common side effects of Desogestrel are:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Breast tenderness
- Bloating, headache
- Swelling of the ankles/feet due to fluid retention
- Weight change
- Vaginal bleeding between periods
- Irregular/missed periods
What Are The Contraindications Of Desogestrel?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding
- Fibroids, ovarian cyst
- Any blood clots
- Cancer (especially breast cancer)
- Any gallbladder problem
- Any heart problem
- Depression, headache, migraine
- Any kidney or liver disease
- Thyroid problem
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding