What Are The Uses Of Dexchlorpheniramine?
Dexchlorpheniramine, a first generation alkyl amine, and anti histamine are used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Allergy / hay fever / common cold
- Watery eyes
- A cough, running nose, sneezing
- Itchy nose / eyes / throat / skin
What Are The Side Effects Of Dexchlorpheniramine?
The most common side effects of Dexchlorpheniramine are:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Trouble in urination
- Ringing in ears
- Trouble breathing
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Dexchlorpheniramine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Chlorpheniramine or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like asthma
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart problems
- Stomach problems like ulcers, enlarged prostate
- Urinary retention
- Breast feeding