What Are The Uses Of Diethylcarbamazine?
Diethylcarbamazine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Filariasis (parasitic infection)
- Lymphatic filariasis (parasitic infection of lymph nodes and lymph vessels)
- Loiasis (African eye worm)
- Tropical pulmonary eosinophilia
- Onchocerciasis (river blindness)
What Are The Side Effects Of Diethylcarbamazine?
Diethylcarbamazine is usually safe, but in some cases may cause side effects such as:
- Facial swelling, itching
- Feeling tired, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Diethylcarbamazine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug diethylcarbamazine or any other allergies.
- Eye problems
- Pregnancy, any recent surgery