What Are The Uses Of Dimenhydrinate?
Dimenhydrinate is an antihistamine and an over the counter drug (needs no prescription) used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Symptoms related to motion sickness such as nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.
- Ear congestion
What Are The Side Effects Of Dimenhydrinate?
Dimenhydrinate is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Dimenhydrinate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug dimenhydrinate or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like asthma, emphysema
- Heart problems, seizures
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- High pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
- Liver problems, difficulty in urination
- Stomach / intestinal problems like ulcers and blockage.