What Are The Uses Of Diosmin?
Diosmin is a flavone which is found to be beneficial in treatment of various disorders of veins such as:
- Varicose veins (enlarged and twisted veins)
- Edema (inflammation of legs)
- Stasis dermatitis (inflammation of skin of lower legs)
- Venous ulcers (especially leg ulcers due to improper functioning of veins).
It has anti-inflammatory activity as well and also found effective in treating conditions such as:
- Low blood sugar level
- Alzheimer’s disease
What Are The Side Effects Of Diosmin?
It is generally found safe if taken for shorter period of time.
Long term use can cause some side effects such as:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Stomach pain
Note: Diosmin should not be used for more than 3 months without consulting the doctor.
What Are The Contraindications Of Diosmin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.