What Are The Uses Of Domperidone?
It is antiemetic drug helps in enhancing the gastrointestinal motility.
It is found to beneficial in the treatment of following conditions:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Functional dyspepsia (impaired digestion)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Paediatric reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
What Are The Side Effects Of Domperidone?
Some of the side effects of domperidone are:
- Dryness of mouth
- Allergic reactions such as hives, itching and rashes.
- Increase in prolactin level which may result in conditions such as irregular menstrual cycle, breast pain, breast enlargement in females and erectile dysfunction in males.
Consult your doctor if any of the above listed side effects gets worsen.
- Rarely seen CNS related side effects are:
What Are The Contraindications Of Domperidone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cardiac disorder
- Hepatic impairment
- Renal impairment
- Increased levels of prolactin
- Ruptured bowel