What Are The Uses Of Donepezil HCL?
Donepezil, Cholinesterase inhibitor is administered in the cases of mild, moderate or severe dementia in Alzheimer’s disease.
Donepezil is also administered to restore the balance of neurotransmitters in the brain.
What Are The Side Effects Of Donepezil HCL?
The most often side effects of Donepezil are:
- Diarrhoea, nausea, loss of appetite, drowsiness, vomiting, muscle cramps, trouble sleeping.
Sometimes severe side effects such as the trouble of urination, severe stomach pain seizures, black stools may also be observed.
Consult physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Donepezil HCL?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Donepezil or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems, Seizures, Pregnancy, Breast feeding.
- Cardiac conduction disturbances, any heart disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Severe cardiac arrhythmias