What Are The Uses Of Edetate disodium?
Edetate disodium is a chelating agent used to remove heavy metals like mercury from the blood. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- High calcium levels in blood
- Heart rhythm disturbances caused by a medication.
What Are The Side Effects Of Edetate disodium?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of Edetate disodium are:
- Hives, breathing difficulty
- Swelling of facial parts
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Edetate disodium?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Edetate disodium or any other allergies.
- Diabetes, low potassium levels in blood
- Seizures, head injury, brain tumor