What Are The Uses Of Eltrombopag olamine?
Eltrombopag olamine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Low levels of platelets caused due to idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (low platelet count a type of bleeding disorder) or Hepatitis – C viral infection
- Severe aplastic anemia (low production of blood cells by bone marrow especially red blood cells and white blood cells)
What Are The Side Effects Of Eltrombopag olamine?
Eltrombopag, in some cases, may cause side effects such as:
- Shortness of breath, facial swelling
- Rash, hives, itching
- Breathing difficulty, wheezing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Eltrombopag olamine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug eltrombopag olamine or any other allergies.
- Liver disease, kidney disease
- Thrombosis, cancer especially blood cancer