What Are The Uses Of Epoetin alfa?
Epoetin alfa is a human erythropoietin produced in cell culture by using recombinant DNA technology. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count) in people suffering from chronic kidney failure, receiving medications for HIV (human immune deficiency virus) infection and on chemotherapy for cancer.
What Are The Side Effects Of Epoetin alfa?
Epoetin alfa is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause side effects such as:
- Pain/swelling/redness at injection site (injection site reactions)
- Body aches, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Epoetin alfa?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug epoetin alfa or any other allergies.
- Heart disease, seizures disorder. high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Anaemia due to antibodies